This time I chat with Tom Schwab – a former Navy officer and a dad of 4 kids.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 080):
The guest – Tom Schwab
Tom is a proud father of 4 ranging from 16 to 28 years old. He’s also a fairly new grand-dad. He brings on an awesome mix of his own experience mixed with insights that he sees now in his son-in-law.
Among many other topics, here’s some of my favorite ones that we get into in today’s show:
- The mistake he made as a new dad and how the same thing plays out with his son-in-law
- Importance of setting boundaries with extended family and grandparents.
- His biggest fear before becoming a new dad – not being enough. And how to overcome it.
- Importance of having a sense of humor and surrounding yourself with other awesome/involved dads.
- Challenges of being away (deployed) for long stretches of time and how to overcome these.
- Setting priorities – there are certain things you can ONLY do in certain stages of life. Being a new dad and involved is one of them.
In addition to being an awesome guest to the show, Tom is also a quote machine. Here are just a few of them from this episode:
No kid will ever come running up to you when you come home asking “Daddy, how many sales did you make?” They just want a hug!”
And paraphrasing something he’s read:
Nothing will hurt your relationships more than trying to keep up the perception of perfection. Everyone knows you’re not perfect”
Tune in and enjoy the show!
Interview with Tom Schwab (Podcast Episode 080):
Connect with Tom:
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!