This time I chat with a fellow Estonian Jorgen Matsi.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 089):
The guest – Jorgen Matsi
Jorgen is a dad of 2 little girls (ages 3 and 1 year old). He’s also a psychologist and former lecturer in sports psychology. He runs a local MMA gym and has fought on amateur and on pro level.
And like this isn’t enough – on top of all of this, he’s a stay-at-home dad to their 2 girls.
In today’s show we’ll talk about Jorgen’s own personal experience and get some professional advice as well.
Some of the topics we’ll get into:
- The joys and struggles of staying home and being the primary care-giver (including what the working parent may not see)
- How becoming a parent takes away a lot of your “me time” and “couples time”
- Being open with your partner when it comes to our emotions and expectation
- Taking time for your partner on regular basis. e.g. 15 minutes every night
- Being aware of your own state and the state of your various resources (physical, emotional, mental)
- Becoming a parenting team and the sense that you’re in this together
- Having a mutual agreement and a way to deal with conflict and challenging situations
- Identifying the key habits in your lifestyle that bring you great returns.
This is truly value packed episode, so tune right in!
Interview with Jorgen Matsi and taking care of yourself and your relationship:
Connect with Jorgen:
Facebook page (fb.com/jorgenmatsi/)
Learn more about upcoming webinar for new dads:
Join the New Dad Facebook Group
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!