This time I chat with Jim Harshaw – a former Division I All-American wrestler.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 081):
The guest – Jim Harshaw
Jim is a dad to 4 kids ranging from almost 3 years old to 10 years old.
He was a Division I All-American wrestler in college, won 3 ACC Championships for the University of Virginia and was an Olympic hopeful and trained at the Olympic Training Center. So, he’s learned a lot of life lessons on wrestling mat.
He believes that failure is not a bad thing at all. In fact he teaches his own kids about failure (check his TEDx talk below). Jim’s also the host of the Wrestling with Success podcast where he relates the powerful lessons of failure and setback and empowers his audience to overcome their own struggles and achieve success despite inevitable failures.
In today’s episode we’ll get into:
- Jim’s own fatherhood journey.
- Reverse engineering his athletic success and using the same principles to elevate his whole life (incl. fatherhood experience).
- Importance of having a peer group of other dads (mastermind group) in order to become a better parent oneself.
- Importance of “productive pause” – taking time off for oneself to reflect.
- Jim’s goals for this summer to improve his relationship with his wife.
- My impromptu promise for my own relationship.
So, today’s show is packed with actionable advice and insights!
Interview with Jim Harshaw: finding success in fatherhood (Podcast Episode 081):
Connect with Jim:
To access Jim’s free gift/offer, head on to:
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!