This time I chat with Jason MacKenzie.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 096):
The guest – Jason MacKenzie
Jason is a dad of 2 and the author of The Book of Open – How Cultivating Vulnerability Makes You a Stronger, Wiser and More Courageous Father.
He lost the mother of his children to bipolar disorder and to the subsequent suicide and has overcome a decade-long battle with alcohol. He’ll go more in detail in today’s show. Although it hasn’t been a smooth ride, it’s definitely inspirational.
Today, Jason teaches audiences around the world how cultivating vulnerability will liberate the strength, wisdom and courage we already possess.
In today’s episode, we’ll get into…
- What “masculinity” has meant for him in the past and what it means now.
- The vulnerability myth and the definition of vulnerability.
- Being vulnerable in new dad context.
- Why “doing it alone” is not the way to go and how asking for help or for insights is not a sign of weakness.
- Having deep meaningful conversations (vs superficial interactions).
- Vulnerability and empathy as the foundation to connection.
- Being vulnerable doesn’t mean complaining and whining.
So tune in!
Jason MacKenzie and the power of vulnerability:
Connect with Jason:
NB! Join the private FB group for new dads!
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!