In this episode, I get to chat with Dr. Shoshana Bennett.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 101):
The guest – Dr. Shoshana Bennett (aka Dr. Shosh)
Dr. Shosh is a mom and experienced life-threatening postpartum depressions (PPD) twice, before helping pioneer the field of maternal mental health in the U.S. She earned two masters degrees, a doctorate, three teaching credentials and is a licensed psychologist.
She founded and led national and international organizations, plus authored four books on the topic. She is a guest expert on countless TV and radio shows and consulted regularly by journalists. Dr. Shosh is also the creator of the free app PPD Gone!, Executive Producer of Dark Side of The Full Moon, and recently co-founded Postpartum Action Institute.
Through the years she has helped over 20,000 women worldwide.
I personally appreciate her and her work because she’s not heavily focused on medicating patients (although at times it is necessary), but advocates prevention and overall wellness.
Whether you are battling with PPD or not, this episode has tons of golden nuggets for every new parent on how to take better care of yourself and your partner.
Among many other topics, we’ll get into:
- Her personal story and experience with postpartum depression.
- What is PPD (and other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders).
- What are the risk factors, symptoms and signs of PPD (also how to tell difference between normal “baby blues” and PPD).
- Dr Shosh’s wellness plan (and actionable steps) to prevent or minimize the risk of PPD
- Treatment options
- How can a dad help a new mom with PPD. What to say and what not to say.
So tune in!
Dr Shosh on postpartum depression and how can dads help out:
Connect with Dr. Shosh:
Dr. Shosh’s website: (drshosh.com/)
NB! Join the private FB group for new dads!
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!