This time I chat with Brian “The Birth Guy” Salmon.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 087):
The guest – Brian Salmon
Brian Salmon is a dad to 2 girls and he is no stranger to this world of babies and parenting. Among many roles, he’s a doula, lactation expert and birth mentor.
Professionally, Brian has worked with 19’000+ expectant families, and currently teaches the popular Dad’s childbirth class “Rocking Dads”, he’s a co-host of Rocking Dads Revolution Podcast and a big advocate of dads being involved from early on!
Today’s episode is packed with lot of energy (mostly from Brian’s part :)), and a lot of actionable advice for expecting dads and new dads alike.
Some of the topics we’ll get into:
- Brian’s story – how he became a birth assistant.
- Tips for labor
- Dads’ roles in the “fourth trimester” including top notch advice for first few weeks!
- Importance of forming the family’s “corporate culture” already before the baby comes along.
- Importance of dads getting involved early on.
- Importance of reaching out for help (if in need).
- How new generation of dads is stepping up much more than the dads of previous generations.
- Common fears dads have about birth and early fatherhood.
- The transformation he sees in dads after going through his class.
To sum it up – if you’re still expecting or you have a small bundle of joy who recently joined your family – this episode is a must-listen!
P.S. In the end you’ll hear Brian making a bold promise 😉
Interview with Brian “The Birth Guy” Salmon (Podcast Episode 087):
Connect with Brian:
Don’t forget to check out the New Dad Course, that’s coming up and join the waiting list:
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!