This time I chat with Anthony Hayes from “Me, myself and I Radio” podcast.
Listen to the show here:
Or tune in on iTunes (episode 084):
The guest – Anthony Hayes
Anthony Hayes is a dad to a little 2½ year old daughter.
Anthony shares his fatherhood story and his battle with clinical depression that he’s been fighting for the past decade. His story is inspiring because often times it’s hard to put things in your life perspective. We tend to take a lot of things granted that we shouldn’t. And Anthony brings a lot of mindfulness to the show.
Among all the other topics, in today’s episode we’ll get into:
- Writing and journaling as a therapeutic experience. It’s a too. To sort out your own emotions (especially when having a rough time).
- Importance of taking time for your family and making memories vs just being there.
- Creating a “daddy-time” routines to bond with your baby.
- Importance of connecting with other dads and creating this supporting community around you.
- His fight with clinical depression and his tips on how to keep excessive stress at bay.
In today’s episode we mention quite a few other resources:
- Meditation app – Headspace.com
- Larry from the Good Dad Project (listen to his Brand New Father episode here).
- Walter from the We Rad Dads show.
Interview with Anthony Hayes (Podcast Episode 084):
Connect with Anthony:
New Dads’ online program:
P.S. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with a fellow soon-to-be or a new dad. That’s the best compliment you can give me and the show!